Thank you so much to The Roverette for nominating me for the Blogger’s Liebster Award!
What is the Liebster Award?
It is an award that is given from bloggers, to bloggers, in order to promote and feature upcoming, new blogs that have potential to do well based on their posts, and is usually given to blogs with less than 200 followers.
The word Liebster originates from German, and has several meanings, some which are sweetheart, beloved, liked very much, and favorite.
The Official Rules Of The Liebster Award
If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award AND YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT, you must write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you:
1. thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
2. display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
3. answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
4. provide 11 random facts about yourself.
5. nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
6. create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
7. list these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
8. Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)
So here I go! These are the questions :
Are you a morning bird or night owl?
I am definitely a night owl; if given the option I will stay up until 4am and wake up at 1pm. But if I have to, I can get up in the morning! I frequently do.
What is your favorite food?
Oh my gosh. This is so difficult! I love food and different cuisines so much, it’s hard to settle on a favorite. But a few of my favorites off the top of my head? Dragon fruit (pitaya), dolmas, avocado rolls, avocado toast, and most types of hummus.
What is your favorite quote to live your life by?
Selina Kyle: “Four… Five…Still alive! Six… Seven… All good girls go to heaven…Two lives left. I think I’ll save one for next Christmas. But in the meantime, how about a kiss, Santy Claus?”
Pick 3 words that describe you.
Determined, observant, and loyal
Do you have an all time favorite classic old movie or song?
I have two all time favorite classic old movies: The Heiress and All About Eve. Both movies featured women who (eventually) took no shit from anyone.
What would you be doing if Facebook, Twitter, or Tumblr didn’t exist?
Probably reading more books and volunteering at more farm sanctuaries.
What country would you always like to visit and why? Or to travel bloggers, what was your favorite country you have been to and why?
I will answer the first question; I’ve always wanted to go to New Zealand and take the Lord of the Rings tour. I will do it eventually; it’s very high up on my list! I think Bali or someplace tropical will be next, though.
Would you rather travel to the past or future? How far would you go and why?
This is a good one! Provided I had a bubble that would protect me from sight and I didn’t have to interact with anyone or get incinerated by a natural disaster/possibly the planet not existing any longer, I would travel 5000 years into the future to see what was up.
If you could have any superpower, what would it be?
I would want to be able to speak, comprehend, and write every language in the universe.
How do you pick your friends?
I am nice to everyone, and I weed out anyone who isn’t thoughtful or genuine. People always show their true colors eventually.
You find a glass cube in the middle of the desert, that is meant just for you. How big is it? Your answer refers to how big your ego is. Do you think that is a good way of testing someone’s personality?
I’ve never heard of this approach; when I thought of a glass cube in the desert, I conjured the mental image of the giant glass castle in The Watchmen. So I guess my ego is enormous.
I don’t think that is a good way of testing someone’s personality. 🙂
Now, for 11 Random Facts about me:
- I lived in Tokyo, Japan for 3 years
- I was the lead singer in a rock band during those years in Tokyo
- My cat’s name is Lady Cat; she is also from Tokyo
- I played bluegrass fiddle for 9 years when I was younger and won the Topanga Banjo & Fiddle Contest. I’m on the CD from that year.
- I have a webbed toe.
- I’m obsessed with fashion and hate window shopping.
- I am a giant nerd; I have been a gamer since I was 3 years old, I know more about anime and comic books than most people.
- I had no interest in cooking until I turned 23
- I love camping in the wilderness and don’t mind roughing it at all.
- I’m always hot, so my A/C bill is super high most months.
- I’m obsessed with dragonfruit.
I have nominated 5 other new blogs, so be sure to check them out.
- Travelling Homebody – http://www.travellinghomebody.com
- Trip-Experiences – http://www.trip-experiences.com/
- The Caffeinated Vegan – http://thecaffeinatedvegan.com
- The Vegan Word – http://theveganword.com
- The Nomadic Vegan – http://www.thenomadicvegan.com
Here are my 11 Questions to my nominees, enjoy yourselves!
- What do you consider the most beautiful place you’ve ever visited and why?
- What is your favorite movie that features traveling to another country?
- Who is your favorite superhero?
- Do you exercise? If you do, what is your favorite type of exercise?
- What is your favorite type of fruit?
- How many countries have you visited?
- If you are vegan, what is your favorite plant based restaurant you’ve been to in your home country, and abroad?
- What is your favorite type of drink? (Alcoholic and non-Alcoholic)
- How did you come to the decision to start blogging?
- If money was no object, what would you do forever?
- If you had one superpower, what would it be?
Nominees! Make sure you follow this checklist if you choose to accept this award, and congratulations!
- Make sure you link your post back to my blog: theplantbasedjetsetter.org
- Answer the 11 questions I have given you.
- Give 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5-11 other new blogs
- Write up 11 questions for them to answer.
- Comment below the link to your post.
And that’s it! To any of my new viewers who would like to answer the questions that I have given, go ahead and do so below in the comments! Let me know please when you put up your post so that I can read your answers! Have a nice day!