Here is the first of a series of delicious recipes one can formulate with these delicious, vegan ingredients from FYH.
Gardein fishless filet sammich of eternal joy!
Just look at the majesty.
What you’ll need:
- Follow Your Heart gluten-free brioche bread – 2 slices
- Micro greens of choice (mine were kohlrabi grown in my little balcony garden)
- Follow Your Heart provolone cheese – 1 slices
- Gardein fishless filet – 1
- Avocado – 1/2
- Tomato – 2 slices
- Chipotle Vegenaise – 1 tsp
- Vegenaise Tartar Sauce – 1 tsp
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Cayenne Pepper – 1 tsp
- Dill – 1 pinch
- Olive oil – spray or brush your baking pan with enough to coat
Start out by baking your Gardein fishless filets in the oven. Preheat conventional/toaster oven to 425°F. Coat your baking pan with olive oil, season filets with salt, cayenne pepper, and dill. Bake frozen fishless filet for 10-12 minutes.
Let filet sit while you assemble your sammich! Toast your FYH bread slices, then apply Vegenaise spreads. Place avocado first, then filet on top to keep that pesky avocado in place.
It’s up to you how you’d like to assemble the rest, but I put the cheese on the still-warm filet so it will melt a little while I build the rest of the sammich.
Plate when assembled, and stuff in your face! Yum yum yum. A delightful vegan fishy treat!